Monday 29 November 2010

Jamie XX and Gil Scott-Heron - We're New Here


New York I love you but you're bringing me down....

It probably comes as no big surprise to you that Jamie XX has recently been quietly tinkering away on a re-working of Gil Scott-Heron's 2010 come back album I'm New Here but after months of rumours and hearsay news has finally broken today of an official release date.

We're New Here will be released on the 21st of Febuary 2011 via XL. From my first listen of Jamie's remix of NY is Killing Me it sounds as if the talented producer has come up with the goods. He gives the original a bass heavy bounce which will appeal to any Dubstep/Bass head.

Head over to http://www.werenewhere.com/ to stream or watch the video for NY is Killing Me and links to get your hands on this early 2011 essential.

The full Tracklist is shown below:

1. I’m New Here
2. Home
3. I’ve Been Me (Interlude)
4. Running
5. My Cloud
6. Certain Things (Interlude)
7. The Crutch
8. Ur Soul and Mine
9. Parents (Interlude)
10. Piano Player
11. NY Is Killing Me
12. Jazz (Interlude)
13. I’ll Take Care Of U

1 comment:

  1. Great remix work btw. Also created a GSH birthday tribute mix. Come check it out on WhosThatLadyMusicShow.Blogspot.com when you have a spare!

    http://whosthatladymusicshow.blogspot.com/2011/04/lady-elix-presents-sign-of-ox-gil-scott.html

    Peace be with you!

    Lady Elix

    ReplyDelete