Wednesday 1 December 2010

Floating Points Ensemble - Post Suite


We'll all float on, good news is on the way....

Now here at Secret Peter I do try and keep as ahead of the game as possible but I must admit that this one crept up on me without me even noticing.

Today I bring you the rather superb news that Floating Points is releasing some new material. Although Sam Shepherd is best known for tracks such as Love Me Like This and the still absolute killer known as Vacuum Boogie he has plenty more tricks up his sleeve.

Taking time out from producing his Nu-Disco/House sounds Floating Points has brought several musicians together to form the Floating Points Ensemble. Although the talent within the ensemble is mostly rumoured I can confirm that the group does feature Soul princess Fatima on vocals with Sam orchestrating and writing the music. My sources also tell me that Funkineven also plays a part but don't quote me on that.

Recorded at the historic Abbey Road Studios the first offering Post Suite sees the Floating Points Ensemble dip their toes into the world of Jazz. Opening with some delicate keys and strings you feel as if you could be listening to The Cinematic Orchestra. But don't be mistaken this is no copycat production, Sam makes the sound his own.

The new 10" Vinyl is available now on Ninja Tune and features the tracks Post Suite and Almost In Profile. There is also rumours of an album in the pipeline so lets keep our fingers crossed.

Listen to Post Suite below:

No comments:

Post a Comment