Tuesday 5 October 2010

Jamie XX - Far Nearer


Blue Lips, Blue Veins, Blue, the colour of our planet from far, far away

If you have been on any music website or blog in the past week or so you have probably come across this tune somewhere, and here in the dark and secluded headquarters of Secret Peter we don't like to feel left out.

This of course is the news that Jamie of The XX fame is releasing his first solo effort. Apparently created whilst on tour with his fellow bandmates, Jamie with the aid of a trusty Steel Pan created Far Nearer.

When I listen to this track it does sound like a typical Jamie XX production with the laid back Wonky Hop/Garage feel that is so familiar throughout his recent productions but he also adds a nice carnival vibe with the steel pan. But it is not only the late 90's garage feel that Jamie evokes with this track, I get a feeling of late 90's dance with my mind always bringing me to Dario G. I'm not sure whether it's just the steel pan making me think evil thoughts or I'm just a little bit obsessed with my guilty pleasure Sunchyme.

Either way this is a superb debut from the brains behind The XX. According to Jamie Far Nearer will be released in the next month or two on Numbers. He is still undecided what name to release this under though folks so if you have any ideas answers on a postcard please.

Listen to Far Nearer below. (This is a rip from XFM so sorry for the crappy quality)

jamie xx - far nearer by Artschoolvets

No comments:

Post a Comment