Tuesday 18 January 2011

Koreless - Maria


The battle for middle you....


As it’s the start of a brand new year I believe it only fair to give my readers a heads up on some of my tips for 2011. The first producer who’s caught my eye this year and is definitely one to watch is 19 year old Glasgow resident Koreless.

Although this young producer has yet to officially release any of his material he is already making waves throughout the country. With airplay from Radio 1 and Rinse FM Koreless’ reputation is steadily growing, whilst in clubland his dark hypnotic anthem Up Down Up Down is an essential for any bass orientated DJ. Although it was Up Down Up Down that first got him recognised it is the deeper side of his style that I am more interested in and I believe he feels the same way.

“I’ve always made emotive music, never bangers.”


With the astronomical rise of James Blake and the haunting yet ever present Burial legacy, it seems to me that producers are beginning to explore the more soulful and emotive side of club music and it’s this style that Koreless excels in. He blends Garage and Dubstep to create beautiful, heart breaking anthems more suitable for the post-club gathering, rather than the club itself.

His first release 4D/MTI is released via Pictures Music in March 2011.

Listen to Maria below:

Maria by Koreless

No comments:

Post a Comment